Want to know the secret to gain better sales online? Well, there is none! The key to a successful online store is to get a combination of factors right. We make things simple for you by listing these factors as marketing tips to propel your business forward.
- Improve your website’s design: Does your online store feature an attractive design or is it plain and boring to look at? Observe your successful competitors and you will realize one thing – all of them have catchy designs customers get attached to easily. It is time you pondered over these questions:
- Is my website worthy enough to take on competition?
- Are there any shortcomings that should be taken care of on my website?
- Don’t feature too many products on the homepage: Your homepage presents your business with the opportunity to make an instant impact on buyers! Keep your homepage simple and feature only the most popular products. When a buyer sees a lot of products, there is a chance he will get confused and end up buying nothing.
- Highlight your store’s USP upfront: What separates your store from others? Shoppers need to establish a mental connection with your business so that they are able to register you in their minds.
- Add quality images or videos to describe each product: Visualization plays a major role in persuading shoppers to choose your products. Include high-quality images. A video will also help.
- Include customer reviews: Ask shoppers making purchases for feedback on their shopping experiences. Add the positive ones to your site.
- Offer Free Shipping on certain products: A lot of visitors are attracted to any discounts available on shipping. You could introduce an entire page featuring products that offer Free Shipping.
- Make sure your website is optimized to run on handheld devices: The action has shifted from desktops to handheld devices such as cell phones and tablets. Is your website compatible with these devices? Don’t fall behind – redesign your website if necessary.
- Make your website completely SEO-friendly: Pepper your content with the right keywords. Also, add quality meta tags to every important page so that search engines take notice of your website.
- Build an efficient customer service team: Your business cannot survive without adequate customer support. Shoppers will call to learn more about a product or to make queries about order status. Make sure your customer support team is well-trained to tackle all situations.
- Ensure the payment process is hassle-free: Make sure all users have a pleasant shopping experience on your website. From adding a product to the shopping cart to the final checkout and payment, your store should offer convenient shopping.
- Build a mailing list: Focus on building a new mailing list featuring current and prospective customers. Send bi-weekly or monthly emailers to keep your store on everybody’s minds!
- Introduce discount coupons: Everybody loves receiving discounts! Design some coupons and upload them on your social media profiles. You could also send them as emailers to customers in your mailing list.
- Update site content regularly: We recommend you update the content on your homepage every three weeks. This will let shoppers know about new products at a glance.
Hope you find these marketing tips useful!