According to a 2013 Forbes article, a staggering 543,000 new businesses are launched every month in the USA. But here is the twist – did you know that more companies are shut down than launched every month? This depressing figure points out to a reality – thousands of entrepreneurs are saying goodbye to their dreams.
Are you an entrepreneur as well? Are you looking forward to some inspiration to keep your business firmly on the path to success? Then this article is for you! Featured here are inspirational quotes from some of the world’s biggest entrepreneurs.
1.“You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing and falling over.” – Richard Branson, English business magnate and investor. Richard Branson had a notorious reputation in school. He had a terrible academic record and was considered by teachers to be among the worst of students. But Richard had one thing in his favor – he was a go-getter. And full of positive energy! He knew that all it takes to succeed is determination and the desire to excel.
2.“Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” Bill Gates, American inventor, business magnate and philanthropist. As the brains behind Microsoft, Bill Gates believed in the power of customer relationship management. Customer feedback/criticism played a major role in shaping the OS versions launched between Windows 1.0 in 1985 and the upcoming Windows 10. Never ignore customer criticism. Instead, use the criticism to come back stronger. You will succeed in your entrepreneurial journey only if you have the support of customers.
3. ”Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration.” – Thomas Edison, American inventor
There is no easy path to success – never treat your business as a hobby. You will have to dedicate a lot of time and effort to make your endeavor a success.
4.“To win without risk is to triumph without glory.” – Pierre Corneille, French playwright
Take a look at the most successful businessmen in the world today. All of them have one thing in common – they were willing to take risks at the right time. This allowed them to launch innovative products that quickly won the approval of consumers.
5. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.” – Warren Buffet, American business magnate and investor . It is not easy to build a reputation. It may take several years for your company to make it big. Steer away from malpractices and your reputation will remain intact for a long time.
6. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – Albert Schweitzer, German theologian and philosopher. Never jump into a venture without making the right decisions – there is a risk of getting involved in a business you have no interest in. Eventually, you may lose interest completely. It is best to explore business options that cater to your creative tastes.
7. “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” – Jim Rohn, American entrepreneur and motivational speaker. It is important that you acquire an unquenchable desire to learn. This will help you steer your company through unchartered waters while taking on the biggest competitors in your domain.
8. “Chase the vision, not the money, the money will end up following you.” – Tony Hsieh, American Internet entrepreneur . Tony Hsieh is right. Earning money shouldn’t be the primary focus of your business. Instead, you should keep a focus on fulfilling the vision laid down for your business.
9. “Great products sell themselves.” – Kevin Systrom, American entrepreneur and software engineer
Do you have a revolutionary product to offer to your audience? Sit back and watch as the product wins accolades for your business. On the other hand, if your product is lacking in finesse, then do what is necessary to bring it to its competitive best.
10.“Anything can be done, as long as you truly believe it.” – Ashley Qualls, American entrepreneur
Do you often get confused while making business decisions? Stick by your instincts and in most scenarios, you will come out unscathed.
We hope the quotes and lessons provided in this article inspire and guide you to overwhelming success!