The Internet is a huge powerhouse of knowledge and a majority of people across the globe already spend significant time online. Although, it gives us exceptional power to learn and understand new things, it also provides us with an opportunity to distract ourselves. If you can discipline yourself, you can harness the power of Internet efficiently.
So here are some websites that should be part of your favorites. Count on them to make your time spent online as productive as possible.
1. www.wikipedia.com : This free multi-lingual encyclopedia is probably the best thing that has ever happened to individuals online. Type in Google the name of a famous personality, city or historical milestone and voila, a wiki link will be among the first that shows up!
2. www.goodreads.com : If you are an avid reader, then this is the place you will love to visit very often. It is a virtual bookshelf in itself.
3. www.todayifoundout.com: Log onto this website to find out amazing facts each day.
4. www.howstuffworks.com: It is a subsidiary unit of Discovery communications and has comprehensive information on varied topics such as Adventure, Automobiles, Culture, Money, Science and more.
5. www.freerice.com: This is a non-profit website that supports the United Nations World Food Program. Here you can do your bit by taking up a vocab challenge. With every right answer, you would be donating 10 grams of rice to needy individuals.
6. www.lumosity.com: This is a simple online tool using which can be used to test your brain’s potential. Take the test and make your brain sharper, smarter and intelligent.
7. www.ted.com : Ted.com is the biggest platform where you can share ideas and gain knowledge from a wide spectrum right from science and business to international issues. You can watch conferences, talks and shows of famous personalities.
8. www.lifehacker.com: Find out different ways to make your life happier and stress free.
9. www.stackoverflow.com: If you are a software developer, this site will provide you with a wealth of information on software codes, troubleshooting and ideas. It is a free website and you don’t have to register to access the website.
10. www.famouspoetsandpoems.com: Here you will find a huge collection of poems by famous poets from all over the world.
11. www.spreeder.com: This tool will help improve your reading and understanding skills.
12. www.planetebook.com: Find some great quality classic literature on this website for free. Simply select the book, download and read!
13. www.mathrun.net: Instead of playing online card or racing games, go for this highly educational game. It will help improve your memory and math concepts.
14. www.coursera.org: This is an educational website that collaborates with the top universities of the world and allows you to take the best courses online and that too for free!
15. www.grooveshark.com: Love listening music? Then, enjoy live streaming music and let groove with the beats of your favorite genre instantly.
16. www.imdb.com: This movie database will provide you with interesting insights into a wide range of movies belonging to different regions of the world. If you are into movies, then the trivia, reviews and boards on this site are for you!