The sophisticated promotional industry is run by talented professionals with an eye on efficiency and quality customer care. In this article, we take a look at how you can become a supplier and excel in this industry:
1. Are you a manufacturer?: Do you create consumer items that can be of good use to end-users in the promotional industry? For example, gift items, apparel or stationery? If your answer is yes, then you are welcome to join the promotional industry!
2. Become members of PPAI, ASI or both: The Promotional Products Association International (PPAI) and the Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI) are umbrella groups for distributors and suppliers in the promotional industry. These associations enforce stringent rules that should be followed by suppliers. Being members of these associations will lend you credibility and give distributors a reason to do business with you.
3. Create an effective team for your business: It is important that you have the best talent at your disposal to take your supplier business forward. Your sales team and customer representatives should be ready to take on an
4. Attend important trade shows: Make sure you visit significant trade shows held across America. For example, the PPAI Expo is hugely popular and attended by some of the most important figures in the promotional industry.
5. Launch attractive brochures to showcase your inventory of products: It is important to prepare brochures that will showcase the products you have on offer to the world. If your brochure is good in quality, then interested customers will keep them for long, using them to refer products they would like to buy for their brand.
6. Launch an interactive website to showcase your inventory of products: Printing a brochure is not enough. You have to go further and create a website for maximum reach. Ensure that you have a strong SEO strategy in place to boost your website up in keyword rankings.