Here are 5 tips that will help you increase sales in 2014.
Don’t get disappointed by average or below-par quarterly sales reports. Try to stay connected with your customers. Instead of simply sending our 2014 catalogs, remind your customers of upcoming tradeshows, webinars or contests. Joanne Black, author of the book, Pick Up the Damn Phone! How People, Not Technology, Seal the Deal, says that entrepreneurs must find ways to add value to their business and must follow-up with their customers on a regular basis.
Most sales representatives are armed with sales pitches to impress customers. Why not try encouraging your reps to have a worthy and spontaneous conversation? The probability of a 30-second sales pitch impressing target audiences at a given moment is one in a billion. But a genuine and caring conversation can go places.
Networking not only helps to gain new customers but also aids in retaining old ones as well. You need to be smart and curious enough to explain your products or services to others. Attend a business event or tradeshow and look out for strategic partnerships. You will find prospects who will recommend your business to others as well.
There is no point sticking to the same old rules when it comes to running a business. What worked a few years back may not work now. Review your business and implement new strategies. For instance, you can design an appealing and user-friendly website or build an engaging social media presence to increase brand awareness.
You can ask your customers for testimonials and know whether or not they are satisfied with your services. Always listen to prospects when you are communicating with them. More than anything else, customers love being pampered. So see to it that 95% of the conversation is focused on customers.
Apart from the tips above, try to maintain a monthly report and write down your goals and objectives. At the end of each month, see whether those goals are met or not. If your goals are not being met, have a brainstorming session to make sure things go as planned. Hope these tips help you plan your business better. All the best!]]>
Here is an interesting insight on Easter from the National Confectioners Association: 82.5% of individuals like receiving candies/chocolates while 72.9% prefer non-edible items such as books, crayons and stuffed animals as promotional gifts.*
The team at Promo Direct has made things easier for you by picking the top 5 Easter giveaways chosen by our buyers. Hope you like this list!
1. Fitness is Fun Coloring Book
These 16-page coloring books are great giveaways for children. They feature great story lines on health. They also include exciting games that will keep kids hooked!
2. Candy Roll
Share the joy of Easter by giving away candy rolls to your customers. This product comes with 11 individual candies , each with a unique flavor.
3. Celebration Tote Bag
They are lightweight, tear-resistant, water-resistant and made to last longer. Let your recipients carry them along at shopping malls, beaches and picnics so that your brand gets highlighted all over town!
4. Buster Bear
Made of soft plush material, Buster Bears will make cute gifts for individuals of all age groups. Impress your customers by giving away these stuffed toys!
5. Mug Gift Bag with Starlite Mints
Delight your customers by giving them this sweet goody bag of surprises. It contains starlite mints and can be imprinted with your logo or slogan.
For more gift ideas, log on to our website PromoDirect.com. Do let us know if you liked our products. Happy Easter!
Custom stress balls are becoming popular in offices, health centers and educational institutions. These products will make your marketing campaign stand out from the rest.
Featured in this article are some stress relievers offered by Promo Direct:
1. Promo Stress Balls:- These stress balls are made of soft poly-foam. They are perfect to show your customers and employees that you care for their well-being.
2. Earth Stress Reliever:- Help your customers lead a quality life by giving them these unique stress relievers. They are made of squeezable polyurethane material and are perfect for the travel industry.
3. Golf Ball Stress Reliever:- Made of polyurethane foam, these stress balls are ideal for sports clubs and golf outings. They tone hands and wrist muscles, and provide relief from stress.
4. Colored Stress Ball:- These classic stress balls are available in several colors and are perfect for tradeshows, conferences and campaign drives.
5. Basketball Shape Stress Ball:- These basketball-shaped stress relievers are trendy looking and can be used as the perfect sports giveaways.
Stress balls can also be given away to show your support for causes such as Earth day, cancer awareness and anti-smoking campaigns. Browse our website to find out other varieties and contact our experts to get them tailored as per your requirement!]]>
So here are some websites that should be part of your favorites. Count on them to make your time spent online as productive as possible.
1. www.wikipedia.com : This free multi-lingual encyclopedia is probably the best thing that has ever happened to individuals online. Type in Google the name of a famous personality, city or historical milestone and voila, a wiki link will be among the first that shows up!
2. www.goodreads.com : If you are an avid reader, then this is the place you will love to visit very often. It is a virtual bookshelf in itself.
3. www.todayifoundout.com: Log onto this website to find out amazing facts each day.
4. www.howstuffworks.com: It is a subsidiary unit of Discovery communications and has comprehensive information on varied topics such as Adventure, Automobiles, Culture, Money, Science and more.
5. www.freerice.com: This is a non-profit website that supports the United Nations World Food Program. Here you can do your bit by taking up a vocab challenge. With every right answer, you would be donating 10 grams of rice to needy individuals.
6. www.lumosity.com: This is a simple online tool using which can be used to test your brain’s potential. Take the test and make your brain sharper, smarter and intelligent.
7. www.ted.com : Ted.com is the biggest platform where you can share ideas and gain knowledge from a wide spectrum right from science and business to international issues. You can watch conferences, talks and shows of famous personalities.
8. www.lifehacker.com: Find out different ways to make your life happier and stress free.
9. www.stackoverflow.com: If you are a software developer, this site will provide you with a wealth of information on software codes, troubleshooting and ideas. It is a free website and you don’t have to register to access the website.
10. www.famouspoetsandpoems.com: Here you will find a huge collection of poems by famous poets from all over the world.
11. www.spreeder.com: This tool will help improve your reading and understanding skills.
12. www.planetebook.com: Find some great quality classic literature on this website for free. Simply select the book, download and read!
13. www.mathrun.net: Instead of playing online card or racing games, go for this highly educational game. It will help improve your memory and math concepts.
14. www.coursera.org: This is an educational website that collaborates with the top universities of the world and allows you to take the best courses online and that too for free!
15. www.grooveshark.com: Love listening music? Then, enjoy live streaming music and let groove with the beats of your favorite genre instantly.
16. www.imdb.com: This movie database will provide you with interesting insights into a wide range of movies belonging to different regions of the world. If you are into movies, then the trivia, reviews and boards on this site are for you!]]>
You can take this opportunity to launch an eco-friendly campaign to highlight your brand. The little investment you make on promotional products can go a long way in building your brand’s image.
Check out these 5 eco-friendly products from Promo Direct. You can give them out at tradeshows or use them as direct marketing tools:
These totes are perfect for shopping, a day at the beach or while spending time downtown. Let your customers replace their old plastic bags with these trendy totes!
Looking to gain brand visibility without exceeding your marketing budget? These t-shirts are the ones you need to opt for. They are made of 100% cotton and offer the perfect alternative to shirts that are made of polyester material.
Let your customers jot down their important messages and contact numbers on these notebooks. They will make great gifts for offices, educational institutions and organizations.
These lip balms will make ideal giveaways for salons, spas and resorts. They are made of natural ingredients such as beeswax, Vitamin E and aloe. They are cost-effective and among the most popular promotional items preferred by our customers.
As the name suggests, these bottles are made of eco-friendly material and available in active colors. Give them away at walkathons and sports events while making way for effective branding.
Like our products? Get them personalized and expand your brand’s reach this Earth Day!
1. Thinking small
A research conducted by Harvard Business School reveals that 8 out of 10 businesses fail in the first 3 years. Most entrepreneurs try to create unique products or services that don’t cater to larger audiences. Think global, your product must solve the problems of masses and only then your business will survive in the competition.
2. Lack of funding
For any business to flourish, regular cash flow is a must. It is a blueprint that helps the business to grow and improve. Most entrepreneurs cannot afford to pay their staff. Financial problems can ruin a business. Before launching any new business, make sure that you have sufficient funds.
3. Trying to handle everything on their own
Newbie entrepreneurs, in an attempt to cut down costs try to play different roles themselves such as that of an accountant, Human Resource or Marketing Executive. This can become very stressful and may hinder the growth of your start-up. If you cannot afford to hire permanent staff, then seek services of a staffing agency and let them assist you.
4. Lack of research
Most businesses fail because entrepreneurs don’t have enough knowledge about their products, market conditions, and customer tendencies. It is very important to have insights about the market that you are getting into to build a successful business establishment.
5. Improper marketing
Marketing is the lifeline of any business. Most newbies don’t follow a proper marketing plan and simply blow up money on traditional methods of advertising that does little good to the business. You can harness the power of Internet; create forums and communities to reach out to target audiences.]]>
March is National Umbrella Month and clearly it is time to celebrate the invention of this useful and inexpensive accessory. Today, umbrellas are available in several varieties and used by a wide demographic of audiences. There are umbrellas for kids, golf umbrellas, fashion umbrellas, waterproof umbrellas and more. They are used by fashion photographers as props or on a patio table to block light.
Here are a few ways you can celebrate National Umbrella Month:
1. Give Them Away As Promotional Gifts
Business organizations can celebrate this day by distributing promotional umbrellas to their employees and customers. It will help spread brand awareness and serve as a token of appreciation. For instance, 64″ Slazenger Vented Promotional Golf Umbrellas make great giveaways for hotels, county clubs, souvenir shops, sea side retailers and stadiums.
2. Donate To The Needy
You can purchase some umbrellas and donate them to orphanages or old-age shelters in your local area. You may also gather used umbrellas and give them away to needy.
3. Decorate Your Store or Studio
If you own a store, you can decorate it by hanging colorful umbrellas around, or if you are looking for a special design effect, then place 48″ Two-Tone Promotional Umbrellas on patio tables to give a striking effect.
4. Read Out An Umbrella Story
There are several children’s books available that have interesting stories about umbrellas. Read out stories to children and bring smile on their faces.]]>