You have probably received numerous giveaways in your lifetime. And you may have purchased some of your own to highlight a business or cause. This article will strengthen your association with giveaways by giving you a clearer
understanding of the promotional products that excel in the industry.
We will analyze the top 5 promotional product categories featured in the accompanying infographic:
1. Wearables: There is a reason why Wearables represent the most sought after category. Businesses know the capability of t-shirts, caps and other apparel in highlighting a brand. A person who wears an imprinted t-shirt becomes a walking billboard for a brand, highlighting the business wherever he goes. Moreover, apparel easily offers the best imprint area among all giveaways.
2. Writing Instruments: Products such as pens, pencils, highlighters and markers are highly economical while being sensible giveaways. Since writing forms an indispensible part of our daily lives, there’s every chance recipients put your pens and pencils to good use. The better they look, the higher the chances of them being used for a long time to come.
3. Bags: Bags are universally used, making it one of the most sought after giveaways. The utility and visual appeal offered by bags is so strong that your logo will make an instant impact with target customers. There are a variety of bags being offered – from shopping bags and briefcases to rucksacks and paper bags. Just make sure you choose the right one for your target audience.
4. Drinkware: Drinkware represents useful accessories that can be used at offices or homes. Help your customers quench their thirst by choosing from a huge variety of drinkware items.
5. Awards/Trophies: Appreciation is a huge morale booster. It motivates individuals to perform at their best and rise to any occasion. Personalize awards and trophies with motivational quotes along with your brand logo. Every time the award/trophy is noticed, your brand will also strike a chord with desired audiences!
We recommend you opt for products from these categories for your next marketing campaign. Wish you all the best!]]>
Many businesses make the mistake of taking social media lightly. They don’t have the right strategy in place to excel. This article will guide you with 5 simple yet effective tips to plan your social media strategy. Follow them and you have a winning campaign in your hands!
1. Hire a dedicated social media specialist
Posting regularly on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest is no easy task. It requires a lot of dedication and time. Hire an experienced specialist who has a strong command of the English language. Make sure he shares conversation starters that can influence better engagement with followers.
2. Study your successful competitors
Observe the kind of updates made by your competitors. Analyze the posts that get the most likes and shares. Make sure that your specialist follows these insights while doing your posts. This will help you formulate a strategy that will build a powerful presence online for your business.
3. Follow a 1-in-6 posting strategy
Don’t hard sell your services! Promote your services only once in six posts. The remaining five posts should be focused on sharing valuable content that can be put to good use by your readers.
4. Share insights and become a knowledge expert
In order to succeed online, it is important that you become a knowledge expert. This will help you build a good reputation online. Share ebooks, infographics and whitepapers that talk about your domain. If you do not have any material of your own to share, then go get some created.
5. Focus on quality not quantity
Do not panic if you don’t have an immediate increase in followers. Your followers will increase gradually as long as you do quality updates. Repeatedly remind your specialist to focus on quality first and then quantity.
Keep these 5 tips in mind and you will go a long way online. All the best with your social media strategy!
Highlighted below are some interesting insights that show what promotional products offer as a marketing channel – characteristics other media fail to replicate.
On the other hand, when you place ads on TV or magazines, there’s no guarantee your audience even views them! They are probably switching channels or flicking pages.
However creative a TV or print ad is, it’s quickly forgotten! They cannot be retained like giveaways.
Here’s a break down of cost per impression achieved by giveaways over TV, radio, magazines, newspapers and the Internet. Look at the figures closely and you will notice that only the Internet and radio are cheaper marketing mediums.
Cost per Impression
So why not think about investing in some customized products to promote your brand? Be confident in their capability to become marketing winners for your brand!]]>
1. Hugely Economical: Buy thousands of giveaways and you will still have a lot of dollars remaining in your marketing budget! The main reason why promotional products work is because you get a huge quantity of imprinted items in bulk with no compromise on quality. The key word here is “economical”. The savings are huge – the more you order, the greater you save!
The same cannot be said about print advertising. You will have to cough up a big amount in order to place an ad in a popular newspaper or magazine. And the ad will most probably run for only one day. There’s no guarantee the reader will go through your ad – he will most probably just flip through the pages!
2. High Utility Value: Giveaways come in a variety of shapes and sizes. And all of them are useful enough to be a part of your customer’s daily life. Whether it’s a pen, sanitizer or bag, be assured that your giveaway will be put to good use.
Print materials, on the other hand, offer limited visibility with a lifespan of probably 1 to 2 days.
3. Repetitiveness: Let’s suppose you gift your customer an imprinted calendar featuring your logo and contact details. There’s every chance your logo will be placed in an important place, either on a desk or wall. Your calendar will be seen on a regular basis through the year not only by your customers but visitors as well, offering repetitive value that’ s unheard of in the marketing industry.
You will have to run a print ad multiple times through the year to get the same repetitive value.
4. Superior Tracking Capabilities: How do you track how many people actually went through your ads? Difficult task, right? But with giveaways, you can keep track by simply monitoring how many products you hand out to customers – it’s that simple!
5. Creativity like never before: We all know that print ads can be really creative. Customized giveaways go one step further. Imagine the level of creativity and uniqueness you can add to the products you hand out. Visually appealing pens or mugs will have your stamp of creativity, allowing users to quickly establish a connection with your business.
We hope this article convinces you to make the right decision while choosing between these two marketing channels. Wish you all the best!]]>
The giveaways you choose to hand out at your next tradeshow will determine how well your booth performs at the event. You must choose promotional items that will serve as the perfect ambassadors of your brand, long after the recipient reaches home. The items you choose should be attractive while offering high utility value as well.
We have noted that several businesses find it difficult to select the right tradeshow giveaway. In this article, we will help you make the right decision by showcasing the 10 most popular giveaways sought by visitors at tradeshows.
1. Sports bottles: A sports bottle is compact and trendy looking. People love carrying them around, whether it’s to the gym or office.You could consider trying aluminum bottles.
2. Pens: Colorful. Economical. Durable. These are some of the words used to describe the pens offered as giveaways. A pen that writes well will serve as a quality representative of your brand.
3. Sanitizers: A sanitizer is always helpful, especially while on the move. There’s a variety of sanitizers available in a range of attractive shapes. Show you care about your customer’s health by going for sanitizers.
4. Lips Balms: Lips balms are available in delicious flavors. Count on them to leave a good taste in the mouths of your customers, serving as a tasty reminder of your business.
5. Notebooks: A handy notebook can be carried around by recipients with ease, allowing them to take notes whenever they want to. Just make sure the pages are of high quality!
6. Fun giveaways: Who doesn’t like having fun? Items like flyers and beach balls offer a good imprint area, highlighting your logo in the best manner possible.
7. Stress relievers: You are probably aware of how effective stress relievers are in fighting pressure at the home or office. They come in some really fun-looking shapes and sizes.
8. Tote bags: A quality tote bag finds use in a variety of places – the grocery store, gym or beach. The more attractive the tote bags look, the greater are the chances of them being used by your customers for a long time to come.
9. Mugs: For several years, mugs have topped charts as the most popular giveaways. They continue being very popular. Silicone mugs, in particular, are high in demand.
10. T-shirts: T-shirts are rightly called walking billboards for brands. People wearing imprinted t-shirts attract attention of those around them to the logo highlighted on them.
We hope you liked this list. Now all you have to do is to visit an online promotional store and plan your purchase. We wish you all the best for your next tradeshow appearance!]]>
Running out of ideas on how to promote your brand effectively? Fear not! This article will provide you with low-cost,high quality marketing tips for successful brand promotion.
Every year, firms spend thousands of dollars on formulating a marketing strategy to promote their brand. But things don’t always go according to plan. In order to succeed with brand promotion, it’s important to make an impact with minimal costs. Here’s 5 ways to show you how:
1. Invest in promotional giveaways: We have listed giveaways first because they are easily among the most effective marketing tools. People love receiving free gifts. Opt for items such as pens, bags or calendars. Count on giveaways for tangible and useful reminders of your business.
What’s more, promotional merchandise is available in economical prices. For example, you can get hundreds of pens customized and still have enough to spend on other marketing channels!
2. Build a strong social media presence: A lot of firms complain that they don’t have direct access to their target audience. Well, what better place to start than social media sites? Create profiles for your company on Google+, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Build a strong set of followers that are interested in your brand. Engage with them on a regular basis, building strong goodwill for your brand.
3. Strengthen the Call-to-Action (CTA) on your website: Have a website but not generating enough leads from it? Then it’s time to evaluate the CTA offered on your website. Entice visitors by offering a unique value proposition. Hook them to your services and get them to contact you either by phone or e-mail.
Additionally, ask yourself the following questions:
- “How visually appealing is my website? Does it need a redesign?”
- “How fast do the pages on my site load? Do I need to get the site optimized?”
Accordingly, start workon helping your site race ahead of competitors.
4. Offer attractive discounts: Everybody loves receiving discounts! Offer exciting deals at your store (online or physical) and you will see people rushing to make purchases from you. As more of your products fly off the shelf, your brand gains quality attention that lasts a lifetime.
5. Support local causes: It is important to earn the goodwill of the local community. Identify social causes that need attention in your area. The recipient of your services could be a charity organization, a church, a hospital or a school. Organize fundraisers to highlight your cause. By contributing to a cause, you are not only helping the needy but also building a quality reputation for your brand.
Hope you find the tips featured in this article useful. We wish you the very best with your marketing campaign!]]>
And for those who don’t know, Wrigley’s distributed chewing gums as giveaways to advertise their product- a baking soda. This promotional strategy did wonders for Wrigley’s and eventually, customers started buying their baking soda to get the chewing gum free!
So if you are looking to get your brand noticed at tradeshows or other events, consider giving away sweets such as chocolates, mints, or gums to your attendees. More importantly, no one will resist a sweet piece of delectable temptation. These sweets will help initiate a conversation and get your prospective customers talking about your brand.
What’s more, buying sweets is not at all expensive. You can buy them in bulk and save even more. For instance, our delectable Dark Chocolate Covered Oreos cost only $2.38/piece if you buy 100 pieces, and $1.79/piece if you go for 10000 cookies. These cookies can be imprinted with your artwork too.
And if you really want to steal the show, then hand away our Peanut M&Ms in Large Header Pack. They are sure to be loved by your recipients.
At, Promo Direct we are always offering high-quality and new products to our customers. Our X-Cube with Dark Chocolate Almonds are one such item that you can giveaway as ‘Thank You’ gifts to your loyal customers or as corporate gifts to your employees and business associates.
So next time you plan to set up a stall at a tradeshow, consider giving away promotional sweets to the attendees. The undeniably delicious flavors of these sweet eatables will linger on their minds for a long time and so will your brand name.
What are your thoughts about giving away sweets as promotional items? Do let us know.]]>
1. Red Bull Stratos – “Freefall”
Red Bull’s marketing strategy definitely grabbedeveryone’s attention. It featured a man who “could have” exploded in space! The daredevil in question was Felix Baumgartner. Before his jump he declared: “Sometimes you have to get up really high to understand how small you are.” And so he broke the sound barrier in a 23-mile freefall to earth. This spellbinding act will be etched in the minds of whoever saw it, and will be remembered as Red Bull Stratos!
2. Dove – “Real Beauty Sketches”
Simplicity can be truly beautiful. With this campaign, Unilever managed to deliver an emotionally powerful message with an understated effort. The film revolves around a sketch artist drawing images of women as per their perception of themselves. After that he creates sketches of the same women, but based on the views of complete strangers. The result is astonishing. This campaign has won two Gold Lions for the Best Use of Social Media and the Best Integrated Campaign.
3. McCann’s –“Dumb Ways to Die” – for Metro Trains Melbourne
This was the most awarded video in the history of Cannes –32 Lions, including five Grand Prix awards, 18 gold, 3silver and 6bronze. How could one ad have such an impact? Here’s a quick synopsis: The theme was simple – to educate young people about rail safety. The ad featured animated characters being electrocuted, murdered, mauled and run over by trains. The black comedy managed to effortlessly capture people’s imagination while delivering a social message. Just take a look yourself.
4. Kmart – “Ship My Pants”
Juvenile humor can be annoying at times. However, Kmart was brilliant enough to transform it into a campaign that consumer’s instantly connected with. The idea was to promote Kmart’s ‘Shop Your Way Rewards’ program and its “Ship to Store” free shipping feature.This juvenile humor showcases a series of shoppers exclaiming “Ship My Pants”. It received millions of views within weeks!
Like these videos? Leave your comments below. We would like to know what you think.]]>
Ideally, an effective business plan must precisely highlight :
However, it is easier said than done. So, to help you get on the right track, we will let the industry experts do the talking.
Below are 5 important tips offered by 5 successful professionals for a business plan that’s sure to impress. Read carefully:
1. It’s the ‘business think’ that goes on behind the business plan that enables your business to fly.
There is no point simply following a template. If you do not actually have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of your industry, customers, team and potential challenges then sooner or later it’s sure to come across to the investors. Put honest efforts into understanding every aspect of your business.
2. Business plans that are all of five pages long, and terrible plans that are 50 pages long. Write it on a “need to know” basis.
It would be meaningless spending long hours on creating something that is only visually impressive. Focus on short-listing the most necessary “need to know” aspects and build your business plan on those. Every detail and information must be created keeping the investor’s benefit in mind. Creativity is good, but your content must be the star.
3. The financials can enhance or harm your business plan’s chances in the capital-raising process.
Working out the finances can be an intimidating task, and investors are people who have a pretty realistic understanding of numbers. Plan, project and prepare for all expenses and the queries that you may have to deal with. If handling spreadsheets is not your forte, then hire a professional accountant for support.
4. You should spend eighty percent of your effort on writing a great executive summary and twenty percent on the rest of the plan.
The executive summary is what investors typically reach out for in a business plan. If it isn’t impressive, they may lose interest in reading beyond it. Focus on keeping the content simple, clear and precise. Avoid unnecessary dragging and explanation of concepts. You can consider help from an experienced editor.
5. Marketing represents a client or customer’s holistic view of your business. It is therefore of paramount importance not to ignore your marketing processes.
Your sales projections are of crucial importance to investors. An effective marketing and advertising strategy is fundamental for sales. Make sure you present your target customers with pamphlets and signage and invest in PR.