The most successful people in the world are those who refused to give up. They were determined to take on all obstacles and refused to back down even in the face of severe adversity. These people relished challenges and inspired others as well.
Featured in this article are 10 quotes from popular people in history. Each quote comes along with a takeaway or lesson for you.
- ”Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”
– Thomas A. Edison, revered American inventor
Takeaway: Try one more time whenever you feel like giving up. Who knows – you may succeed this time!
- “What winning is to me is not giving up, is no matter what’s thrown at me, I can take it. And I can keep going.”
– Patrick Swayze, late Hollywood actor
Takeaway: Patrick Swayze equates winning to never giving up – it’s a trait that will help you go on and on.
- “Giving up is conceding that things will never get better, and that is just not true. Ups and downs are a constant in life, and I’ve been belted into that roller coaster a thousand times.”
– Aimee Mullins, American athlete, actress and model
Takeaway: Ups and downs come and go – it’s part of life. Giving up will ensure you have more downs than ups.
- “Failure at some point in your life is inevitable, but giving up is unforgivable.”
– Joe Biden, Vice President of the United States
Takeaway: Failure happens but it shouldn’t be because you gave up.
- “Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”
– Marilyn vos Savant, holder of the Guinness record for the world’s highest IQ
Takeaway: You can bounce back from failures. But you can’t do much after giving up.
- “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.”
– Dale Carnegie, late American writer and lecturer
Takeaway: The most successful people in the world achieved greatness because they were willing to look for solutions when nothing seemed possible.
- “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
– Albert Einstein, revered German physicist
Takeaway: Einstein – the mind behind many scientific theories – uses a bicycle riding analogy to explain the importance of never giving up achieving balance in life.
- “When you are going through hell, keep on going. Never never never give up.”
– Winston Churchill, former Prime Minister of Britain
Takeaway: Churchill was a difficult man to deal with. And he was in some of the worst situations but never stepped back even once.
- “Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising, which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson, late American poet and essayist
Takeaway: Don’t listen to critics and pessimists because they seek your downfall. Steer clear of them if you want to succeed.
- “You just can’t beat the person who won’t give up.”
– Babe Ruth, revered American baseball player
Takeaway: It’s difficult to defeat a person who has chosen not to give up!
Bookmark this article and read through these quotes whenever you feel like giving up. These quotes will empower you to achieve the impossible!
We also recommend you visit our site to check out the range of custom sunglasses. They are classy and great marketing tools!