The best lessons in life are from successful people who have been through it all. We have compiled a list of popular quotes from personalities who have made an impact on society.
1. “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson, American poet
Living in the 19th century, Emerson was a staunch believer in individualism, a concept that promotes self-belief in an individual’s goals. Emerson has a lesson for all of us in this quote. He wants us to become trailblazers in the path we choose in life. Don’t follow the herd. Instead, focus on leading one.
2. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.”
– Lao Tzu, Chinese philosopher
Millions of people around the world lead their lives without seeking their goals. They probably feel they wouldn’t be able to fulfill them. But how can goals be fulfilled without taking the first step? Pursue your goal one step at a time – make realistic targets to achieve your dreams.
3. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.”
– Jim Rohn, American entrepreneur
Some old-fashioned discipline is all that it takes to become successful in life. Be organized and go about life performing tasks on a priority basis. Stay focused with a clear mind always.
4. “The sweetest of all sounds is praise.”
– Xenophon, Greek historian and soldier
Praise is the most potent weapon to boost morale of employees at the office. Make sure you shower praise on others and you will win their goodwill!
5. “Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.”
– Pablo Picasso, Spanish painter
Never procrastinate! Make sure you complete tasks on time without postponing them to another day.
6. “Please all, and you will please none.”
– Aesop, Greek storyteller
It’s important you have a mind of your own. Listening to others and trying to please them will take you nowhere. Make sure you develop a strong personality to deter requests to please others.
7. “There’s a bright spot in every dark cloud.”
– Bruce Beresford, Australian director
Never let grief or despair overwhelm you. Keep hope in your heart and you will come out of adversity unscathed.
8. “A man should never neglect his family for business.”
– Walt Disney, American animator
Work should never be given more importance than family. Aim for the right work-life balance in your life.
9. “All of us, at certain moments of our lives, need to take advice and to receive help from other people.”
– Alexis Carrel, French surgeon
Never hesitate to seek advice from family or friends. Good advice can play a meaningful role in your life.
10. “If you do not express your own original ideas, if you do not listen to your own being, you will have betrayed yourself.”
– Rollo May, American psychologist
Have a revolutionary idea that can create wonders at the office? Reveal the idea to your superiors. Make sure that you find an outlet to express your views at home or in the office. Keeping your thoughts within the confines of your mind is definitely not the way ahead.
I am a marketing consultant and work with the creative team at Promo Direct to boost sales. I am a regular participant in discussions related to business and marketing. I love exchanging ideas and connecting with like-minded people. Please follow me on Google+ and Twitter