Wouldn’t it be great to have a work environment devoid of stress?
Well, getting rid of stress may be a difficult job. But you can recreate a positive work environment to ensure it’s easier to withstand stress. This article will help you significantly boost productivity and inculcate the quality of innovation in employees.
When senior management thinks about transforming workplaces, they assume that a lot of money is involved. It’s quite the opposite actually. You can transform your workplace by introducing subtle changes.
1. Clean up the office: Scan the office thoroughly to identify unnecessary items that are occupying much needed space in the office. Get them out of sight and into the nearest trashcan.
2. Organize your office: Organize documents, stationery and other office items so that they can be accessed by employees with ease.
3. Go paperless: We live in the digital era. It’s important you have all paper-based documents scanned and converted into digital ones. Get rid of files that occupy precious space on desks. Place every important document on the server so that it can be accessed with ease by employees.
4. Get rid of complicated procedures: Does your office still follow old procedures that don’t add any value to the work environment? Get rid of them and introduce less complicated procedures in its place. Not sure how to identify troublesome procedures? Ask the employees – they will gladly point them out!
5. Identify issues at the office: It’s important you analyze your work environment carefully. Have a one-on-one talk with employees to identify issues that trouble them the most. Is there something management can do to make them feel more comfortable? Be flexible and do what you can to keep them happy, especially if you are capable of doing it.
6. Introduce transparent top-down communication: In order to ensure proper functioning of offices, management has to provide clear instructions to employees. Communicate clearly what you expect from each employee. Show them that you will be there with them through thick and thin come what may.
7. Invest in training: Provide employees with the opportunity to learn more from the job. Get experts to visit your office to impart knowledge on technology, communication and client servicing, among other skills.
8. Reward and appreciate hard work: Launch monthly awards that will be given out to the best employees. Throw in a certificate and a modest cash award. These awards will serve as a motivation to keep employees loyal to your brand.
9. Groom employees for the future: Identify capable employees possessing strong communication and leadership skills. Groom them for senior-level roles within your company. Inform them of your decision and keep them informed of all major decisions made within the company. After a couple of months or a year, they will be ready to assume challenging senior-level positions without any stress.
10. Offer appealing food at the office! Stock your office with tasty, healthy snacks and offer them at the right prices. Your employees will enjoy these snacks, especially when they are rushing to meet deadlines.
11. Make the office family-friendly: Provide employees with flexible schedules so that they can spend quality time with family. This ensures a more balanced work life for them.