Thousands of businesses have used promotional products all over the world to get their message across to target audiences. It is worth noting that the first giveaways were used centuries ago when George Washington was elected the first President of the United States. Commemorative buttons bearing the President’s credentials were released to highlight his historic victory.
Over the last few centuries, businesses, institutions and individuals have used giveaways for a variety of purposes. In this article, we highlight each of these purposes and the impact it produces:
1. To introduce a new product or service: Nothing introduces a product or service better than giveaways. Imprinting your details of your new venture along with your logo on pens and mugs are a great way to highlight your brand. And mighty inexpensive as well!
2. To appreciate an employee or customer: Most people say a thank you with words. From a business point of view, it would be a great idea to show your appreciation with quality business gifts. Purchase tasty chocolates, office stationery or t-shirts to get your point across.
3. To gain goodwill: It is important to gain widespread acceptance among people in your local community. To achieve this, you can take part in fundraisers or awareness campaigns. Give out awareness bracelets featuring your logo to highlight a local cause. The goodwill you receive at such events will take your business forward a long way.
4. To retain customers: This point is an extension of #2. When you acknowledge the contribution of a customer towards supporting your business, you are actually taking your business forward. Retain customers with giveaways and ensure they stay with you for the long-term.
5. To promote a feeling of oneness among employees: Uniforms embroidered with your company’s logo are one of the finest examples of giveaways. An employee wearing your uniform will attract the attention of passersby whenever he travels to work. Moreover, your employees will be identifiable at tradeshows and expos, allowing visitors to be more comfortable in approaching them for inquiries.
6. To attract visitors at tradeshow booths: It is often said that the most successful booths at tradeshows are the ones that give away highly practical giveaways. A useful mug or an attractive t-shirt easily wins the hearts of visitors at tradeshows.
Have you ever used giveaways? If your answer is yes, then what did you use them for? Share your feedback with us in the comment box below!