As June comes to an end, another 4th of July beckons us! It’s a day most of us look forward to with anticipation. Whether it’s the barbecues, fireworks or glorious food, the 4th of July makes us feel special.
If you are a business owner, it’s wise to use the 4th of July to promote your products or services. At Promo Direct, we have a wide range of products to meet your branding needs. Here are some of them: Presidential Handbook, the 16 oz. Silver Streak Tumbler, Promotional Sunglasses and USB Auto Chargers. Choose from these products or any of our other giveaways to plan a memorable campaign around Independence Day.
We have also compiled a fun list of facts to make your Fourth of July memorable. Hope you like this list!
- July 4, 1776 – the day celebrated as America’s Independence Day – is not the day Continental Congress declared independence. That honor goes to the 2nd of July, 1776.
- July 4, 1776 is the day the wording of the Declaration of Independence was finally approved, after all edits. Since this date is present in the final draft, it is noted as the Declaration of Independence.
- Recognition of the Fourth of July as a national holiday took a long time. Almost 100 years later – in 1870, to be precise – a bill was introduced highlighting national holidays, which included July 4 and Christmas, among others. It was finally declared a national holiday in 1941.
- TIME magazine reports that Americans consume around 155 million hot dogs on July 4th alone!
- The fireworks and flags used by the US Government are mainly imported from China. In 2011, the US imported $232.3 million worth of fireworks.
All the best and Happy Independence Day in advance!