An entrepreneur’s life is filled with many business challenges that take nerves of steel to overcome. How a person rises up with determination to meet each challenge thrown his way will set him apart from the others. Let’s not forget that entrepreneurs are not born overnight – they hone and nurture their skills over a period of years. If you are a budding entrepreneur, then this article is exactly what you need to stay ahead of competition!
Here we feature 30 quotes on entrepreneurship to help you stay focused and motivated enough to meet the most difficult of challenges. If you notice who the quotes belong to, you will realize that they belong to people from all walks of life!
1. “I’ve always worked very, very hard, and the harder I worked, the luckier I got.” – Alan Bond, highly respected Australian businessman, talks on the importance of hard work.
2. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Peter Drucker, Austrian author and management consultant, stresses on the importance of taking initiatives.
3. “My biggest motivation? Just to keep challenging myself. I see life almost like one long University education that I never had — everyday I’m learning something new.” – Richard Branson, British businessman and founder of Virgin Group.
4. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.” – Warren Buffett, hugely successful American investor.
5. “As long as you’re going to be thinking anyway, think big.” – Donald Trump, hugely successful American businessman and investor.
6. ”Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration.” – Thomas Edison, revolutionary American inventor.
7. “I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.” – Bill Cosby, respected American comedian.
8. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” – Mark Twain, popular American author.
9. “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” – John C. Maxwell, respected evangelical Christian pastor and author.
10. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” – Bill Gates, American programmer, inventor and businessman.
11. “Make it happen now, not tomorrow. Tomorrow is a loser’s excuse.” – Andrew Fashion, young entrepreneur who made $2.5 million by age 21 and then lost it all when he turned 22!
12. “The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.” – Benjamin Disraeli, former British Prime Minister.
13. “Leaders don’t force people to follow, they invite them on a journey.” – Charles S. Lauer, popular American publisher.
14. “There is only one success – to be able to spend your life in your own way.” – Christopher Morley, former American journalist and novelist.
15. “In the modern world of business, it is useless to be a creative, original thinker unless you can also sell what you create.” – David Ogilvy, advertising Guru and businessman.
16. “Our business in life is not to get ahead of others, but to get ahead of ourselves.” – E. Joseph Cossman, former American entrepreneur.
17. “The biggest failure you can have in life is not trying at all.” – Emil Motycka, the young entrepreneur who built his lawn mowing business through years of hard work. He first started mowing lawns at age 8!
18. “A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.” – Henry Ford, American automobile inventor.
19. “Failure is not about insecurity. It’s about lack of execution.” – Jeffrey Gitomer, American author and professional speaker.
20. “I’ve learned that mistakes can often be as good a teacher as success.” – Jack Welch, American businessman and former CEO of General Electric.
21. “Once you say you’re going to settle for second, that’s what happens to you in life.” – John F. Kennedy, former American President.
22. “You won’t get anything unless you have the vision to imagine it.” – John Lennon, legendary member of popular boy band Beatles.
23. “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” – Michael Jordan, legendary basketball player.
24. “Entrepreneurship is neither a science nor an art. It is a practice.” – Peter Drucker, Austrian author and management consultant, stresses on the importance of taking initiatives.
25. “I’ve always been an entrepreneur, but it’s never been about the money. I like a challenge, the harder the better.” – Terry McAuliffe, American businessman and politician.
26. “An entrepreneur assumes the risk and is dedicated and committed to the success of whatever he or she undertakes.” – Victor Kiam, former American entrepreneur.
27. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill, former British Prime Minister.
28. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney, founder of the worldwide famous Disney franchise.
29. “Not a single person whose name is worth remembering lived a life of ease.” – Ryan P. Allis, co-founder of iContact.
30. “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson, popular American poet.