Ever wondered which are the most popular promotional products sold by distributors? The State of the Industry (SOI) shed some light on this topic by releasing a list of promotional items that bring maximum revenues to distributors. Based on this report, we feature here the Top 10 promotional items sold by distributors in 2011:
1. Shirts/t-shirts: A whopping 20% of all revenues earned by distributors are generated through shirts and t-shirts. Businesses love the visibility provided by elegant and attractive shirts, thanks to impressive imprint areas for logos.
2. Bags: Even though bags continue to be extremely popular giveaways, revenues earned from them dipped from 11% in 2009 to 9% in 2011.
3. Pens: Inexpensive and highly practical gifts, pens continue to be a hit as business giveaways. Pens represent an estimated 7.3% of all revenues, which amounts to an impressive $ 1.4 billion.
4. Other apparel: Pants, sweatshirts, sportswear and jackets are also popularly embroidered with logos and given away to customers and employees. Businesses believe in the power of stylish apparel to add a fashionable touch to their marketing campaigns.
5. Caps: Caps are desirable marketing gifts that can easily showcase logos. No wonder they still account for 5.2% of total revenues.
6. Glassware and ceramics: Businesses looking for elegant giveaways or handy mugs rely on this segment and contribute 5% of total sales.
7. Desk Accessories: Calculators, paper weights and notepads are still counted upon to promote logos. They account for 4.8% of total sales.
8. Calendars: Calendars give visibility all 365 days a year, 24 hours a day! Whether its wall mounted or a desktop accessory, calendars are here to stay. Calendars contributed 4% to distributor revenues.
9. Automotive accessories: Tire gauges, car USB chargers and Auto Organizers are some of the popular giveaways for auto enthusiasts. They account for 3.5% of total sales.
10. USB drives: The only electronic items on this list, USB drives are great giveaways for office goers. They account for 3.3% of total sales.