“FOR THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU DO, NO EXPLANATION IS NECESSARY. FOR THOSE WHO DON’T, NONE IS POSSIBLE.”
- OIF SOLDIER
“Jason Bogar was the youngest of Carlene Cross’s three children. Carlene says, as an only boy with two older sisters, he kept them all on their toes, growing up in Seattle. She described her son as “a great, fun-loving guy.” An avid soccer player and artist, he planned on enrolling in art school when he got home from Afghanistan.
Carlene says her son believed in what he was doing. He was “always reaching out to the people and the children” of Afghanistan. She says he constantly volunteered for any humanitarian missions, and he would often try to connect with the children during his time overseas.
Jason also wrote a portentous letter to his family in which he wrote, ‘I feel my days are numbered so I want to say all this while I still can. I pray to god no-one will ever have to read this but as death is all around me if it falls upon me you will understand my recent feelings on this madness we call life…I was just starting to live my life…Never have I felt as strong as I do about what I am doing here in Afghanistan is the right thing to be doing and is understood and accepted by god. As a result of that death is easier to accept.’
Cpl. Jason Bogar died July 13, 2008 during a fierce battle in Wanat, Afghanistan that also claimed the lives of eight other soldiers.”—excerpted from CBSnews.com
- Only business owners or those part of some business entity can participate in this contest
- Use the comment box to post your entries
- The last date to submit your Independence Day Entries is 4th July 2011
- There will be only one selected winner
- The winner will be selected by our panel of Judges
- The participant needs to submit their email address to post their entries
- The winner will be declared on the Promo Direct blog and On Facebook
- The ideas submitted with respect to the contest should not be abusive or offensive in anyway what-so-ever
Use The Below Comment Box